Facing issue with running 4 FT4222H device in parallel

Home / Topic / Facing issue with running 4 FT4222H device in parallel

Home Forums FTDI FT4222 LabVIEW Driver Discussions Facing issue with running 4 FT4222H device in parallel

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Prashant Soni
      Participant

Hi AJ,

I am using FTDI Device FT4222H using labview, when i run single device. it work fine. but when i run more then once device together i get error whicle reading the parameter. please help me with this.

Thanks,
      Prashant

Ajay
      Keymaster

Hi Prashant,

Please check on the FTDI error details in the link here if it makes sense.  Feel free to get back for any further support.

Thanks,
      AJ

Prashant Soni
      Participant

Hi Ajay,

In single PC we are using 4 number ftdi ft4222H, we are getting issue when we are running all 4 together. Mostly with Index 0 device. It is randomly throwing error 5103. And also we can’t set or view the address or index of connected device.
      If you can help with this then would be great. It is bit urgent to solve this issue. Hoping to get positive response which can help in move ahead with project.
      It would be good if we can get your contact details so we can connect through phone.
      Waiting for your response.

Thanks
      Prashant Soni

Ajay
      Keymaster

Hi Prashant

Usually when you use multiple devices at same time, then you need to connect to them using independent serial numbers to allocate separate live sessions to each device.  This library supports connecting to different devices using a serial number when you have the serial number for different devices.

Thanks,
      AJ

Amit Kumar
      Participant

Hi Ajay,

Thanks for the reply, sorry to trouble you on weekend.

I am using the same open by serial number for initialization (making the communication) with FTDI, since serial number is auto indexed so first connected device set as Index 0, second device index 2, 3rd is 4 and 4th device index is 6.

While initialization even though all the devices are connected but still i am getting error 5103 and this is coming randomly (sometimes it communicate but some times it doesn’t ).

I am attaching the developed VI for your reference. Since the driver is password protected we cant see whats going in initialization.

Please guide on this.

Thanks,
      Amit

Ajay
      Keymaster

Hi Amit,

Indexing is different from using serial number.  Usually indexing counted in the order of the devices connected physically to the PC where as serial number of the FT4222 remains same.

There is a separate software and hardware device from FTDI to write the serial number to a fresh FTDI device.  I couldn’t recollect the device details off my head right away but you or your team may know that very well from hardware designer point of view. Using that external device and application from FTDI, you may write the serial number to each devices.  You serial number could be lengthy alpha numeric.

Once you have the separate serial number for each device, you will initialize it through the same APIs to get it connected with separate sessions.

The under hood of the library is password protected for secret of sauce.  However, since these initializations are taken care by original FTDI DLL libft422.dll , I can confirm you that under-the-hood will not give much of clue in this case.

I hope this can help you explore further.  Please feel free to get back to me of any more help.

Regards,
      AJ

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.