Evaluation of FTDI Driver for I2C SPI GPIO

Home / Topic / Evaluation of FTDI Driver for I2C SPI GPIO

Home Forums FTDI FT4222 LabVIEW Driver Discussions Evaluation of FTDI Driver for I2C SPI GPIO

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Syed ulhaq
      Participant

1) The free trial version FTDI Driver for I2C SPI GPIO does not download. Can you send the evaluation file to my email?

2) I want to control and monitor from control panel in LabView, the Microchip Fan RPM monitoring and PWM Controller device EMC2305, via I2C bridge FTDI device FT230X (CS-I2CMINI-01). Is there any LabView app/Vi code which connects to the I2C bridge consisting of FTDI device FT230X. Any help in this regard, explained step-by-step is highly appreciated

3) I only want to use I2C bus. If i use FT4222H for I2C bridge instead of FTDI device FT230X, will i be able to control and monitor from control panel in LabView, the Microchip Fan RPM monitoring and PWM Controller device EMC2305 on I2C bus?

Regards
      Syed Ulhaq

Ajay
      Keymaster

Hi Syed Ulhaq,

Please find my answers below

Message Body:
      1) The free trial version FTDI Driver for I2C SPI GPIO does not download. Can you send the evaluation file to my email?

You can download the driver either from ni.com here or from vipm.io here.

2) I want to control and monitor from control panel in LabView, the Microchip Fan RPM monitoring and PWM Controller device EMC2305, via I2C bridge FTDI device FT230X (CS-I2CMINI-01). Is there any LabView app/Vi code which connects to the I2C bridge consisting of FTDI device FT230X. Any help in this regard, explained step-by-step is highly appreciated

I believe there is no FT230X driver in LabVIEW so far.

3) I only want to use I2C bus. If i use FT4222H for I2C bridge instead of FTDI device FT230X, will i be able to control and monitor from control panel in LabView, the Microchip Fan RPM monitoring and PWM Controller device EMC2305 on I2C bus?

That should be possible as FT4222H supports I2C modes.

Thanks,
      AJ

Syed ulhaq
      Participant

Ajay

Appreciate your quick reply.

Which version of LabView is suitable for your “FTDI Driver for I2C SPI GPIO”, integrating FT4222H I2C bridge, and developing control and monitoring GUI console in LabView vi code?

I have following PC

Processor            Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-10310U CPU @ 1.70GHz   2.21 GHz

Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)

System type       64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Edition  Windows 10 Enterprise

Regards
      Syed Ulhaq

Ajay
      Keymaster

Hi Syed

FT4222 driver can work from LabVIEW 2014 (32-bit) and beyond.  Notice currently this driver doesn’t support 64-bit LabVIEW

Regards
      AJ

Syed ulhaq
      Participant

Ajay,

Once again thanks for your reply.

From where I can get 30 day trial license for [LabVIEW 2014 (32-bit) and beyond] + FTDI Driver for I2C SPI GPIO?

As mentioned before that ) I want to control and monitor from control panel in LabView, the Microchip Fan RPM monitoring and PWM Controller device EMC2305, via I2C bridge FTDI device FT230X (CS-I2CMINI-01). There are other I2C devices also, such as PWM, GPIO, ADC, current, voltage and temperature sensor.

If I am successful in displaying on PC console the “proof-of-concept” for above, then the group will issue PO for full license as LV will become a permanent tool in our area. Trial license is needed for serious evaluation

Regards,
      Syed Ulhaq

Syed ulhaq
      Participant

Correction 🙂 I want to control and monitor from the control panel in LabView, the Microchip Fan RPM monitoring and PWM Controller device EMC2305, via I2C bridge FTDI device FT4222H I2C bridge

-Syed Ulhaq

Ajay
      Keymaster

Hi Syed

From your statement, I assume LabVIEW is new to your team and so you’re looking for LabVIEW evaluation.   I recommend you to ensure you can go through the learning curve of LabVIEW as it seems to be a new tool to you.  By default LabVIEW installation from here will get you 7-days of the free trial (you may extend to 45 days free trial afterward.  So a maximum of around 52 days of free LabVIEW trial).  You can select which version of LabVIEW you want from the same link.  When you install FTDI Driver from here after LabVIEW installation, you can get a 30-days trial.  After that, you would need to get an FTDI driver’s license.

Thanks,
      AJ

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.