We can send proxy emails from Gmail with other email addresses. You need to verify that another email address is your own in order to do this. I use this service to send email as if I’m sending from another Gmail itself.
Recently Google has stopped the authentication of this kind of less-secure apps. However, there is another way to achieve it is via using the google app passwords that allow temporary password generation to connect from less-secure apps.
Steps to add alias email in this new method
- Generate the password from your App Passwords
- Go to Gmail settings –> Accounts and Imports –> Send Mail as: –> Add another email address
- Enter your Name and Alias’s Email address on the first page
- Enter Google SMTP (smtp.gmail.com), Google ID, generated password
- Verify the code sent via email.
Viola.! There you go.
⚠ Never delete the password generated from Apps Password, doing so will get you “Message not delivered” later as authentication fails.
Ajay is a professional developer and architect of NI-LabVIEW applications with extreme interest in getting the hardware connected to LabVIEW and automating the stuff. Recently he is also putting his hands in NI-TestStand to get very dirty on it. He is also a good mentor for the various interns in his career. He is ready to help the people in techie roles.